Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Too tired to sew any more

Well, the draped skirt MIGHT have been closer to completion tonight if I hadn't had a setback. It is crucially, unbelievably important to get the drape part and the pocket part to line up absolutely perfectly. And I do mean perfectly. Any slight deviation is not acceptable... Of course I didn't get it quite right first time (though the muslin went together with no hitches at all) and had to spend this evening taking the whole thing apart again to find out what the blue blazes was the matter with it. Turns out, the pocket was not quite attached right on the inside, which threw the whole drape out so much that it wouldn't lie properly. Think kangaroo carrying twins one each side of the body... large twins at that. All is hopefully fixed and awaiting a second opinion tomorrow evening. At that point perhaps I can proceed (with caution) in the direction of the finish line.

The pink top was completed yesterday. It began as a turtle neck and turned swiftly into a scoop neck... good job I am in the habit of trying to pull the unattached collar over my head as a test run before adding it to the top, that's all I can say. I let my hair down out of its ponytail, I flattened my ears to my head, and I tried to will my nose back into my head and out of the way, but that collar was NOT going over my head. So, not being in the mood to beg and plead with the fabric, I cut a lump out of the front (in a temper it has to be said) and the result was rather a cute scoop neck.

1 comment:

SewRuthie said...

Oh the drama, and the brilliance. This is better than Project Runway!