Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Toy

I have a new toy which I picked up on Friday night. And here she is. I don't normally name my machines, but for some reason, I keep wanting to call this one Helena.
Since I have been out purchasing fabric to feed Helena on today, I haven't had much of a chance to drive her. However, I've had a brief session with her this evening and was impressed with her performance so far. She has automatic tension and I think there must be some magic elf in there telling her what to do, because I sewed a piece of rayon lycra jersey, then a piece of non-stretch silk, then a piece of stretch silk charmeuse, one after the other, didn't change one single setting, and she sewed each of them perfectly. I didn't have too much trouble rethreading from the previous settings and the manual seemed comprehensive and clear when I read it through last night.

2 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Oh that is brilliant about the automatic tension. I can tell you for free that my old Janome serger does not have that function!!!

xstpenguin said...

Congratulations, Helena looks and sounds fab. Automatic tension. That sounds spooky, very cool, but spooky! Mine SO doesn't have that. Can't wait to see what you produce.

Cheers,
AJ