Thursday, December 31, 2009

Marfy Burda Marriage - great news







The Burda/Marfy Marriage is doing great. I finished hemming the first pair last night and took some hanger shots of them this morning. This is the rather snug pair. I haven't finished the second, altered pair yet, though the main pieces are together now and I've tried them on without the waistband and indications are good that this pair will fit a little better. I am hoping to get the second pair finished tomorrow.

I took the photos outside since its finally stopped snowing/freezing/being horrible and there was some weak sunshine this morning. I was pleased to see how much better the photos came out in daylight. I was pretty amazed to find I had a proper photo of these, with actual detail. The colour seems to have bleached out a little on the photos, but they are black with a self colour stripe and a pin stripe in a greyed air force blue. I think the close up of the buttoned front pocket shows the colour most closely. The coloured stripe looks fab with a piece of jersey I got at the show in November which will become a roll neck to be worn with these trousers. This is also why I have used the black/navy/gold buttons as they pick up the pin stripe colour as well as working well with the jersey. Both pairs of trousers plus the roll neck, are for the 2010 Stitchers Guild SWAP. I've matched my pin stripes so that covers my pattern matching requirement if I choose not to make my print blouse. And the grey trousers have embellishment on the pockets, so I have that element covered now too.

If we get some more reasonable weather tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to get a picture of me wearing the trousers.

4 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Ooooooh! I like those a lot. They have come out looking really good. Love the buttons, the shaped area at the back, the pockets - really nice.

becki-c said...

It looks like a very happy marriage so far! Love the details, very Marfy like. I can't wait to see you wearing them.

Sharon said...

They are great looking pants, congratulations on a job well done (as always).

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pants. I will be following your blog. Marfy is on my list to do in 2010!