Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I don't like to blow my own trumpet but...

My Marfy jacket (the grey tweed one) actually won the One Fabric - Wool Contest on Pattern Review. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. There were so many divine garments made for the contest and I was sure one of those would be picked. If you read this and voted for me, a huge thank you. It means such a lot to place in a contest on Pattern Review, voted for by others who love sewing. Competing against so many excellent seamstresses/sewers/sewists is such fun and I feel doing so makes me raise my game.

I won by a very, very narrow margin and the second prize went to a wonderful child's coat made by Colorkitten for her little daughter. If you get chance, do go and look at the gallery of entries on Pattern Review, and most especially Colorkitten's work. Its lovely to know that this little girl could go to school and tell her friends her mum had made her a prize winning coat. But all the entries were lovely and I had a great deal of difficulty deciding who to vote for.

5 comments:

becki-c said...

You deserve the trumpet blowing, you did a fabulous job, and the jacket is stunning. Do you enjoy wearing it?

Sharon said...

Go for it, your attention to detail on your jacket was brilliant and it looks fantastic.

SewRuthie said...

The jacket is fantastic, and I am so happy your skills were noted by others!

A Peppermint Penguin said...

There you go, now you've cracked the trumpet blowing lark you can do it more often!!

A well deserved win, especially considering the back story of the fit issues. Triumph for skill and persistance.

Cheers,
AJ

Marji said...

It's taken me awhile to get over here to say it, but Congratulations on your win. You deserved it!