The top I have been procrastinating about is now completed. Thanks to Ruth for the "push" in the right direction and to xstpenguin for suggesting that I name the project. In the end, the facings didn't take as much time as I feared... attaching the snaps on the collar however,.... well that took longer than the facings and required a few repositionings before I was happy. I had intended to attach a pretty button on top of each snap, but the bias collar is decidedly floppy and the buttons were small but heavy for their size... when I put the first one on, it drooped badly and pulled the collar off balance, so off it came again.
And so, without further ado, I introduce the "EyeEye, what have we here?" top.... worn with my Marfy jeans of course.



4 comments:
:-D
Well done! Eye am so glad you got it finished. And eye think they look more like eyes on the back than the front.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Cheers,
AJ
Great fitting top,really summery and looks great with your jeans.
Oh its much classier than you made out when you described the fabric to me. Very nice!!
You have my exact shape (I just read your bio on pattern review)! I must say it's funny to see someone else wearing my uncommon shoulders and arms. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your detailed reviews, as I'm still trying to figure out how to fit my shoulders - and everything else.
Post a Comment