The sweater is finished. The pattern is by DROPS Design and is number 117-21, from the Autumn/Winter 2009/10 collection. I am fairly pleased with it overall, despite a few flaws.
The sweater knits up well, the instructions are good but it is a bit difficult to measure the various sections accurately because you have to measure with the work hanging due to the weight of wool.
Because the sweater is the same both front and back, I was concerned that it might be uncomfortable. This is the first sweater I've knit in the round, so maybe all bottom up, yoked sweaters are knit the same front and back. I must admit I did worry that the front chest area of the sweater would ride up, but it doesn't seem to do. I've not worn it for any length of time yet, just tried it on for size, but I think it is going to feel fine.
Despite being such bulky yarn, it doesn't actually feel too heavy and I don't feel at all constricted, it is also lovely and soft, you hardly know you are wearing it. Some really thick sweaters make you feel like you are very constricted. The yarn itself did stick a bit to my wooden needles, necessitating a bit of pushing and shoving of stitches that got rather wearing after a while and, due to the excellent pointy tips to my needles, I did end up with very sore fingers toward the end of the project.
I am confident that I will wear this sweater loads, but of course now I've finished it, the sun has come out so its too warm to wear it.


3 comments:
Oh how gorgeous is that! I cheated and bought a rust sweater with similar collar tr4eatment, and now want it to be cold so I can wear it.
I'm sure the weather will oblige shortly! Wow that is a lot jumper on the needles at once. I'm back to working on my green (!) maddy jumper, having redesigned the sleeve to fit the altered body. One day I will find a pattern that I can knit as is!
How about top down next? I've heard you can try it on before you knit the sleeves and body to check the fit and collar style.
Cheers,
AJ
Looks great! You are right on target making this, the latest Lucky has a spread with all knitted tops and cardigans.
Post a Comment