Anyway, I went a couple of days ago, and was very sensible and didn't come back with a mahoosive bag of all sorts of all sorts and no idea of what I was going to do with it. No, I was a grown up about it, and bought only things I knew I needed.. well, sort of.
So here we have my very modest haul.
Two metres of a rather lovely light brown (a warm, mushroomy, pinkish tinged brown) boiled wool. The artificial light has washed it out a little bit in the photo.
Three metre remnant of a double sided medium weight wool mix knit. Fine stripe on one side, Chocolate brown on the other side.
A remnant of about 2 - 2.5 metres of narrow width linen look black fabric.
The boiled wool was exactly what I went for, but I didn't see it until I'd already settled for and purchased, the wool mix knit. I saw the boiled wool just as I was on my way out to the car. Both will become versions of the McCalls cardigan jacket recently made. The boiled wool version will be going into my SWAP in place of the faux suede jacket because the suede won't work with the McCalls pattern. I am also planning to re-jig the SWAP to replace the hoodie and sweat trousers (which I don't feel like making) with an outfit made from the double sided wool mix knit. I am thinking maybe a reversible jacket and two skirts, one striped side out, the other brown side out. Or possibly a dress.
The black linen look is to make the skirt section of the yoked skirt from the free Marfy patterns.


2 comments:
Nice! Where did you go? This sounds like place I should visit.
Glad you had a good haul! Enjoy sewing it up.
Post a Comment