This is Zephyr by Tori Gurbisz knit in Troon Tweed Aran purchased from Texere yarns some time ago. This is the yarn's second incarnation; its first was as a hoodie with a hood so enormous, I could have brought my week's grocery shopping home inside it.
This version didn't come out quite as well as I had hoped it would. I think this is the fault of the yarn, which is harsh, very structured and has no drape whatsoever. Its also rather scratchy. The pattern sizing put me between sizes and I went up a size to allow room to wear layers underneath. In hindsight, this may not have been the best decision I made. None of which is the fault of the pattern I must say. I think, looking at the photo, I will press the rib out a bit flatter at the hem to make it lie more smoothly. The cuffs are ribbed and turned back. Both cuff and hem are done in plain rib.
The pattern is a straightforward contiguous style, and the front bands are knit in a decorative rib. The buttons are vintage, from my gran's old button box and have been waiting for the right project, which I do think they have now found. The button loops are knit then cast off, then sewn to the cardigan and this makes lovely smooth loops. It was quite a quick knit.


2 comments:
I like it a lot and think it'll work well with jeans.
Looks cozy, and it will work very well with jeans!
Post a Comment