and how I hate to photograph you. Oh lovely black trousers, why do you need to be so coy about having your photo taken? I am sure you would be much admired if you would only be more confident and allow yourself to be immortalised in print.
But, since I can't persuade them to be bold and show themselves properly, here is a picture of the side of them, the best shot I could get.
I think you will have to take my word for the fact that they fit nicely, the fly went in really well, the lining around the fly is neatly sewn, the hems are straight and hang nicely, and the fabric sewed exceptionally well.
The fabric is ex-Windsmoor apparently. I don't sew much with polyester but this is very superior and lovely polyester and was very obedient to sew and press. Its got a good, heavy drape which makes it perfect for trousers and they will be going on their inaugural outing to work sometime next week when I will be able to properly assess the fit and comfort level.
There is a second pair of trousers, with pockets at the front, and a jacket, both in this fabric, adn both cut out ready to go.
Next up, the trousers I think as I don't think my brain is in the right place for a piped seam jacket with a front separating zipper. Separating zippers frighten me. I've had several horrible experiences trying to install separating zippers. And piping is a new process for me. I've done one cushion, very badly, and a very long time ago, and that is the extent of my skill in this area. So, I am procrastinating on the jacket project.
However, I have an assignment to complete before I can sew anything, and I suppose I should get back to struggling with that rather than planning my sewing queue.


4 comments:
Glad the trousers came out well. Nicely fitting black trousers are a thing of wonder and beauty and should be valued even if they don't photograph at all.
Black anything is impossible to photo. The best I can do is lighten the photo at the computer. However, these look good on you.
As for seperating jackets, my last one I used water soluable fusible tape (Steam A Seam) and attched the jacket to both sides of the zipper before trying to sew at the SM.
perhaps if you stood against a black draped wall and shone a very bright light - so there was no contrast.... I'm talking rubbish most likely!
Very noice - well done! Piping, er, let me know how that works out for you.
Your sock was fabulous by the way - I just read the previous post - you CUT your knitting!? And survived. And it survived!?
I am not worthy.
Black trousers are a great staple and glad yours was a success. Now piping, a technique I am trying to master on necklines.
Post a Comment