The Knitting and Stitching Show came to Harrogate on Thursday, and I have been twice. On Thursday with my mum, and then yesterday with RuthieK. For the first time ever, I came in under budget, but still got quite a respectable collection of fabric and yarn.
Here is a shot of the whole collection.
At the back of the photo you can see sock yarn.
To the left is a pile of Araucania Limari Multy bulky yarn.
At the front is a skirt pattern which I have coveted ever since I saw the version that Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics made, which has slotted seams.
The fabrics are, from the back left:
Purple poly satin of such lusciousness that I didn't believe the chap on the stall when he told me it wasn't silk. It really does feel like silk.
In front of that is four metres of black polyester which is ex-Windsmoor so its very good quality.
Next to the silk in the middle row is some heathered purple knit, probably rayon.
Below that is some grey rayon knit.
Below that is a semi sheer polyester print blouse or dress weight. I've got two metres, enough for a shirt with a scarf length left, or for the over layer of a dress for summer.
At the far right there is a 1.5 metre remnant of John Kaldor polyester print jersey.
In the next photo you can see the full glory of the Araucania yarn. None of the balls are the same colour exactly as they are all hand dyed. I shall need to learn how to knit carrying the yarn up so I can knit with two balls in turn so the colours work properly. There is 1000 grams and I am not entirely sure of the yardage. The skein tag says 61 yards, the Ravelry entry says 73 yards. I am not sure that I have enough for an entire jumper unfortunately, but there was only one bag of this colourway. I have two patterns in mind, one can be sleeveless or have sleeves, the other is a cardigan with short wide sleeves and big buttons. Or if I can't get gauge, it will be my old standby, the top down sweater recipe in Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard.
And finally, a shot of the whole sock yarn collection. The Regia Bamboo is for a birthday gift for a lady who is allergic to wool, the red hand dyed is for a neck shawl for me. The brown variagated will be socks for gifting.
The darker of the two purply/grey trekking balls will be Aragorn Socks and the more purply ball will be socks for me.
The very bright ball of Trekking is for RuthieK. She can't knit (yet.) but wanted to know what was so amazing about hand knitted socks. Having explained how much warmer and more comfy they are she was keen to try a pair. So, I had her pick her colour and will knit the socks sometime in 2011 for her. I am pleased to have reason to knit with some really bright yarn so we both win.


3 comments:
Nice haul!
Glad you got to go and twice too!!
Fun achieved I hope. They have that Trekking yarn in my local shop now. I was admiring it. But so far, I don't knit socks. So far.
Lovely yarn, I almost wish I knit! Maybe someone will make me learn :-)
Beautiful fabrics and the yarn is gorgeous.
Post a Comment