Sunday, December 12, 2010

Serious excess of cuteness

In a change to the scheduled programming, here is a photo, taken this morning.

It is my dog's birthday today and whilst I don't treat my dog as a human, dress it up or otherwise treat it as anything other than a dog, I do buy her a present on her birthday, and she does get a dog stocking at christmas. I freely admit that this is more of an entertainment for me than anything else.

As she is a gundog, one of her favourite activities is to carry things about. She carries towels, gloves, the sofa throw, socks and of course toys and is quite happy just trotting about with them.


So when I saw this toy yesterday, I knew it would be perfect.

Behold, Miss Spaniel with her new leopardskin handbag. It is a proper dog toy, securely sewn, the handle is rope and it has a squeaky inside it. She is so soft mouthed that these toys are perfectly safe for her as she rarely destroys them. And of course, I can sew them up if they get damaged.






Normal programming will be resumed very soon. I am knitting the very last bit of my latest sweater but sadly the faster I knit the slower the garment grows. The last little bit of every knitting project seems to be the part that takes the longest.

4 comments:

Joy said...

That is hilarious!

A Peppermint Penguin said...

handbags at dawn!

Very cute.

becki-c said...

Awwwww! She looks so proud. She is just ready to go out shopping!

i know that the hardest part of sewing is the very last, so finishing knitting must be excruciating.

Sharon said...

She looks so cute and yes the entertainment is priceless.