Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I made a summer dress...


Its Marfy 1214, a free pattern from the Spring/Summer 2007 catalogue. The drawing was so promising. The dress looked so svelte, so curvy, so beautifully chic, and so very Audrey Hepburn. The reality is not as chic as I had hoped. Its OK, but it doesn't have that magic that makes you feel good when you wear a garment. There is something about it that just isn't quite me. I will experiment with accessories to see if I can find a way to feel more positive about it, or perhaps it will grow on me as it ages in the cupboard. I think looking at the photo, that it did come out the way it was supposed to, so I can only conclude that the style just isn't my best look. I do prefer things that emphasise my waist, and this doesn't do that to the extent that I had expected. I think maybe this style requires more bust and butt than I possess in order to look the way I wanted it to. But as it is, its quite wearable and will be practical for summer.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It looks pretty good to me and it shows that you have a waist so maybe just taking it in a tad will make the difference and with some accessories will make it special.

Karin van Dam said...

It's a bit of a tiny picture, so maybe I'm not seeing it well enough, but to me, right now, it looks really great. And I do see your waist. Great colour too by the way!

SewRuthie said...

Looks pretty good to me - you can emphasize the waist with a nice belt, becuase you do have a fabulous waistline. That would pull things in at the waist and emphasize the hourglass look.