I just finished my second pair of socks in a month.. admittedly the second pair were super thick wool and super large needles, but still. The first pair, are for my best friend's daughter. My friend, who is a superb knitter, decided that sock knitting wasn't for her and I volunteered to finish the socks so her daughter's feet wouldn't be cold in the winter. The yarn is by Regia and is a bamboo/wool mix, which knit up really nicely and I was pleased with the even way in which the variegated colours worked into the sock.
The purple ones with cables were made to use up the wool left over from the purple sweater I finished the other day. These only took me four days to knit as they are so very thick. So now I have slouchy socks (they did come out rather baggy) and a long sweater which match, and a pair of leggings previously constructed and hey presto, I'm back in my glory days, when Fame was on the telly. Strictly a look for in the house though. Pity you can't still get those LA Gear trainers with the diamante and two different coloured laces to complete the look. I still miss those, even now. They were super comfy. One pair of mine even had purple and silver laces.


3 comments:
Oh they are fabulous. I especially like the cable ones!
And yes leggings and chunky socks and long sweater sooo 1980 something!
Those look so yummy! I love the cable ones, what shoes will you wear with them with. They almost make me miss winter.
Becki, I will probably wear them in my wellies or hiking boots if I wear them outside as they really are very thick and won't fit into ordinary shoes and boots. I think they will get most wear in the house instead of slippers though.
Post a Comment