Monday, July 18, 2016

Cloudy with a chance of Summer

Just in time for a lovely sunny summery spell in glorious Yorkshire.  The sun has come out just as my spinning for this SpinAlong is completed and it got a lovely dry in the sunshine after its bath.

This is a three ply and is supposed to be a fractal.  If all has gone to plan, which I won't know until I knit it up, this should transition gracefully between the colours in an orderly manner and should do so more than once.  The best pattern to show off the effect is probably a shawl or scarf so that's what is planned currently.

I was amazed to find that this came out at either double knitting or sport weight, depending on which gauge you believe and I think I have about 240 metres from my 100 grams which is a pretty decent amount in terms of being useful and being able to make something from it.  Its also pretty thin considering there are three plies in there. 

I am loving the way there are three colours in a lot of the sections.  So pretty.  I can't wait to knit this one up. 

I am already well on the way with the second set of spinning, the Tour De Fleece entry from the dark blue batt dropping.  All three singles are ready and waiting for plying, so I'll hopefully get that done by Thursday so they can have a nice bath and be dry in time for the end of the Tour. 

1 comment:

SewRuthie said...

Very pretty colours!