Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Style Arc Shelly Skirt

An animal print Rayon jersey Shelly skirt. 

I'm really pleased with how this came out actually and it was super easy to sew.  Just a front, a back and an overlay that is pointed and longer than the skirt at the front.  Just put the hemmed overlay onto the front skirt piece, tack at the sides to keep it together, then put the back piece on, sew the seams, Add the elastic waistband, put the elastic into the waistband, hem it and there you have it.  Another rainy afternoon super quick skirt.  Cut out at lunchtime, wear it to the pub that evening.  The most time consuming part was hemming it.... or it would have been if I hadn't chosen to hem it the lazy way, using Steam A Seam. 

It is very comfortable to wear and warmer than I thought it would be which was a nice bonus.  I made no alterations to the pattern, bar a shorter bit of elastic in the waist.  Another Style Arc success story and I've already worn it three times (I made it a week or two ago actually but am behind with my blog posts).  This is quite a large number of wears so soon after being made.  I'm a devil for leaving things to marinade in the wardrobe for a few weeks before wearing them for the first time.  :)  Naturally I didn't wear it with the purple top that you can just see in the photo.  I wore it with a  lovely chocolate brown scoop neck knitted silk top and a pair of grey/brown brogues.  It also works with a  brown linen jacket that has languished in the cupboard for want of a thing to wear with it and several other knit tops, so its likely to get plenty of wear. 

1 comment:

SewRuthie said...

Lovely skirt and fantastic that its getting so many wears so soon!