Sunday, January 8, 2017

The May-Be Blanket

It may become a blanket... and it may not.

At Yarndale in September, Katie from Hilltop Cloud had a Vivid blanket on display knitted up in handspun made from one of her colour packs.  It looked lovely and I had the pattern already.  I got two gorgeous mixed packs of multi coloured fibre for Christmas and had some Hilltop Cloud and a variety of other small bits of fibre which weren't big enough for single projects so I'm planning to spin up some small skeins of three ply yarn to create my own handspun Vivid.  Having said that, there are some variables that I'm not sure I have enough control over to make this a viable project.  Hence the May-Be title.  I plan for this to be a long range project and will spin these little skeins and knit the squares in between other projects so you should see these things pop up at irregular intervals over the next few months.

Here is the first one which was created from reddish brown merino (from Nunoco and containing sparkles), and two different shades of an earthy yellowish green mixture from Hilltop Cloud.  Quite pleased that the yarn weight came out at a light double knitting/heavy sock which is pretty much where I was aiming, and the sparkles do show up in the right light.  Now to see if I have enough to knit one of the squares with.

No comments: