Thursday, February 13, 2014

Monkey A Month - February

These will be Bernouilli socks.  The current knit along on the VeryBusyMonkey group is for patterns where there are matching socks and shawl.  It took me ages to choose which pairing to do, and I've settled on Bernouilli because of the shawl's edging.

I'm using these yarns, which I dyed myself.  They came out remarkably similar even though I did them on totally different days.  One skein is 75% merino, 25% nylon, which will become the socks this month.  The other skein is 75% merino, 25% silk, destined to be the shawl next month.  The silk is on the right in the photo.

I cannot be sure the socks will get done by the end of February but I'll have a go.  I cast on last night and have knit the cuff and ten rows of the leg which is reasonable progress for an hour or so of knitting.  As I've knit these before I am familiar with the pattern, I still have my tick off list of row numbers (I always work by row numbers to ensure I have knit the feet and legs equal lengths on both socks).  Also, my charts were are all marked up.  I  use pink highlighter on all the K2Tog and leave the SSK plain coloured, that way I don't have to keep stopping to check which way my decrease should lean.      All of this means they should be a reasonably quick knit. 

2 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Oh looks yummy! Pink seems to be very in this year :-)

Ann said...

Love the pink colour and the yarn looks so cozy and warm.