Friday, December 23, 2011

Headband/Ear Warmer



This project was completed in two days. The yarn is left over from the Romy Cardigan, and is a Colourmart cashmerino aran in colourway Dust. The pattern is DROPS 126-24, a free pattern designed for their Nepal yarn, and it knitted up pretty much to gauge in my left over yarn.

Its maybe not the most exciting colour for a headband, but was what I had on hand when I got the urge to cast on.


I don't get on hugely well with hats. My ponytail tends to cause problems and they don't stay on properly. I figured these headbands, which allow my ponytail to fly free whilst keeping my ears warm, might do the trick. Of course the weather isn't really cooperating and its mild and rainy here, not the weather for headbands, so its not been tested yet. The Spaniel volunteered to model the headband for you, in return for a Gravy Bone. I'm sure you will agree that she totally rocks the look.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes she does, and your headband will be perfect to keep you ears warm.

SewRuthie said...

The Spaniel does indeed rock the look. Hope it works to keep your ears warm!

A Peppermint Penguin said...

I think ear warmers for pooches will be the next big thing ;-)

Hope you have a very sewy holiday!!